Chapter 1: Introduction.
The PlayBuzz Playful Content plugin will allow you to embed content from the official PlayBuzz website, such as quizzes, games, etc. It is ads free and you will not have to pay a dime for the actual plugin.
When developing a website, one of the most important things to consider is how to attract the attention of your users as much as possible. There is no single formula for that, but with the use of WordPress, you may always find plugins that will do the job for you. The PlayBuzz Playful Content plugin is one of the best choices. As an emerging plugin, it is beautifully designed and will allow an easy integration of different content types on your website, such as quizzes, tests, games, etc.
The features of the plugin, according to it’s development team are:
- Access to hundreds of Quizzes, Test yourself Quizzes, Lists, etc.
- Content is available in multiple verticals: Entertainment, Funz, Sportz, Celebrities, Music, Animals, and more.
- Filter system enables you to select the content relevant to your website.
- Create your own Playful Content items and embed them.
- Everything is free, no subscription or ads.
Chapter 2: Install the Plugin.
The installation of the plugin is a standard procedure, the same as the installation of almost every WordPress plugin.
- Download the plugin here: http://www.wordpress.org/plugins/playbuzz/
- Log into the admin area of your WordPress website.
- Click on Plugins > Add New.
- Select the Upload tab and upload your plugin.
- Click on Plugin > Installed Plugins.
- Locate the PlayBuzz plugin and Activate it.
Chapter 3: Use the Plugin.
The first thing is to choose a content type from the official PlayBuzz website here:
All of the games are categorized in a certain way and it will be easy to find one that you like. Alternatively, you can simply browse if you have a specific game in mind or create one yourself through the Create button at the top-right corner of the homepage.
When you find the actual game that you wish to embed on your website, you need to:
- Log into your website as administrator.
- Click on Posts > Add New.
- Enter the information of your new post, such as a title, body, etc.
- Enter the following line whenever you would like to embed the game from PlayBuzz:
[playbuzz-game game=”URL to PlayBuzz item”]
Where you need to substitute the “URL to PlayBuzz item” part with a direct link to the game you wish to embed on your website. For example, we have already completed a test blog post. It is embedding a content item from the PlayBuzz official website, which is a quiz on which super hero are you. The link to this content item is:
We have completed that as an example on a test WordPress installation and you can see it below.
Once you edit your new blog post as per your needs and you insert the PlayBuzz item using your new plugin, you need to publish the new post on your website. Then, you can access your website’s front-end and you will see it displaying properly. The actual look of the post that we created for the purpose of this tutorial can be reviewed below.
Chapter 4: Useful Resources.
PlayBuzz official website: http://www.playbuzz.com/
PlayBuzz plugin: http://www.wordpress.org/plugins/playbuzz/
TMDHosting WordPress package: http://www.tmdhosting.com/wordpress-hosting.html
TMDHosting plugin installation tutorial: http://www.tmdhosting.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress-plugin-installaton.html