Chapter 1: Introduction.
I would like to introduce you to another beautifully designed plugin by the POWr development team. This time, the plugin is called POWr Form Builder and it will allow you to create different type of forms on your website or directly into blog posts on your WordPress website. You can create as many of them as you wish and there is an option to place text areas, drop-down box, check boxes and many more. This, alongside to the option to design the actual forms and keep track of them is the best way to interact with your website’s users in real-time.
Chapter 2: Install the plugin.
The installation of the plugin is a standard procedure, the same as the installation of almost every WordPress plugin.
- Download the plugin here: http://www.wordpress.org/plugins/powr-form-builder/
- Log into the admin area of your WordPress website.
- Click on Plugins > Add New.
- Select the Upload tab and upload your plugin.
- Click on Plugin > Installed Plugins.
- Locate the “POWr Form Builder” plugin and Activate it.
Chapter 3: Place the plugin on your website.
You can place the plugin on the front-page of your website. To achieve that, you need to:
- Log into your website as administrator.
- Click on the Appearance > Widgets.
- Locate the “POWr Form Builder” widget and place it wherever you wish. For the purpose of this tutorial, we have placed it on our “Content Sidebar”.
The other option allows you to place the plugin on a post that you create on your website. To achieve that, you simply need to enter the following code, wherever you wish on your post:
Chapter 4: Register POWr account.
Access your website and locate the widget for the plugin on the front-page. You need to click on the gear icon at it’s top-right corner.
Click on the “Sign Up” button on the new window and register your new POWr account. Then you need to:
- Select the “Form Elemets” to edit the surveys.
- Choose the type of survey, title and possible answers.
- Click on the Save button at the top-right corner.
That is all. You can access your website’s front end and you will see the new survey the way you created it.
Chapter 5: Useful resources.
- POWr official website: http://www.wordpress.org/plugins/powr-form-builder/
- POWr Form Builder plugin: http://www.powr.io/
- TMDHosting WordPress package: http://www.tmdhosting.com/wordpress-hosting.html
- TMDHosting plugin installation tutorial: http://www.tmdhosting.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress-plugin-installation.html