The primary goal of a website is to keep users as much as possible on it. Well, making money is also a leading goal, but this is only achievable if we keep existing users on our websites and attracting more and more. I have the pleasure of presenting you a greatly designed, fully responsive plugin for creating surveys on your website. This way, you can interact with users the way you like, get an idea on their opinion and act upon the information when implementing changes on your website.
Chapter 2: Install the plugin.
The installation of the plugin is a standard procedure, the same as the installation of almost every WordPress plugin.
- Download the plugin here: http://www.wordpress.org/plugins/powr-survey/
- Log into the admin area of your WordPress website.
- Click on Plugins > Add New.
- Select the Upload tab and upload your plugin.
- Click on Plugin > Installed Plugins.
- Locate the “POWr Survey” plugin and Activate it.
Chapter 3: Place the plugin on your website.
You can place the plugin on the front-page of your website. To achieve that, you need to:
- Log into your website as administrator.
- Click on the Appearance > Widgets.
- Locate the “POWr Survey” widget and place it wherever you wish. For the purpose of this tutorial, we have placed it on our “Content Sidebar”.
The other option allows you to place the plugin on a post that you create on your website. To achieve that, you simply need to enter the following code, wherever you wish on your post:
[powr-survey label=’MY LABEL’]
where you only need to change MY LABEL, depending on your choice.
Chapter 4: Register a POWr account.
Access your website and locate the widget for the plugin on the front-page. You need to click on the gear icon at it’s top-right corner.
Click on the “Sign Up” button on the new window and register your new POWr account. Then you need to:
- Select the “Form Elemets” to edit the surveys.
- Choose the type of survey, title and possible answers.
- Click on the Save button at the top-right corner.
That is all. You can access your website’s front end and you will see the new survey the way you created it.
POWr official website: http://wordpress.org/plugins/free-google-fonts/
POWr plugin: http://www.powr.io/
TMDHosting WordPress package: http://www.tmdhosting.com/wordpress-hosting.html
TMDHosting plugin installation tutorial: http://www.tmdhosting.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress-plugin-installation.html