Chapter 1: Introduction.
Today, I will introduce you to the WordPress Visual Slide Box Builder plugin. It is an emerging plugin that has been designed to make the creation of such slide boxes easier for you. The plugin provides a way for you to customize it, place images, change colors, update information or even create a large number of them, without any payments or hard-coding on your website.
According to the developers of the plugin, it has the following features:
- Create unlimited slide-box animations.
- Full range of properties.
- Insert slide-box anywhere on your side using shortcode.
- 20+ entrance animations.
- Fully configurable.
- WYSIWYG editor – Live preview.
- Edit a slide-box and changes propagate automatically.
- History of all your slide-box creation.
Chapter 2: Install the plugin.
- Download the plugin here: http://www.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-visual-slidebox-builder/
- Log into the admin area of your WordPress website.
- Click on Plugins > Add New.
- Select the Upload tab and upload your plugin.
- Click on Plugin > Installed Plugins.
- Locate the “WP Visual Slide Box Builder” plugin and Activate it.
Chapter 3: Use the plugin.
The plugin is activated automatically when installed on your website. You can simply access and use it via the admin panel of your website > Settings > Virtual Slide Box Builder. From there, you will be able to create as many such slide boxes as you need for your website. Each box contains two elements:
- Box: This is the top part of your box that appears at normal state. You can add text, image, color or just about anything that you may want to it.
- Lit: this will appear when you move your mouse over the box. You can add a title, text, image, color, etc. You can also choose the slide effect for the box.
When you are ready and create such a box, simply choose it’s name and click on the Save button to keep the changes.
Once you complete the creation of your first slide box, you can preview it at the bottom of the page. There will be a Shortcode for it and you can simply insert that code within a blog post on your website. Our test slide box appears the following website, when configured on a WordPress blog post.
Chapter 4: Useful resources.
- Visual Slider Box Builder official website: http://wpvisualslideboxbuilder.com/
- Visual Slider Box Builder plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-visual-slidebox-builder/
- TMDHosting WordPress package: http://www.tmdhosting.com/wordpress-hosting.html
- TMDHosting plugin installation tutorial: http://www.tmdhosting.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress-plugin-installation.html