This is why we want to introduce you to this WordPress security plugin called “WP Qore”. It offers many powerful features such as Security Advisor, Dropbox backup etc. This plugin is regularly backed by updates from Google’s database of web misfits and should provide you with an additional layer of security for your website.
Here are some of it’s special features:
- Customize login page
- Hide login page
- Security advisor
- Replace dashboard
- Custom dashboard
- Automatic updates
- Disable nag updates
- Disable core updates
- Admin bar removal
- Admin bar opacity
- Collapse admin menu
- Use jquery cdn
- Shortcode in widget
- Php in widgets
- Import/export widgets
- Dropbox backup
- Remove wp version
- Minify your html
- Cleanup wp meta
- New theme directory
- Unique source code
The installation of the plugin is identical as with any other WordPress plugin:
- Download the plugin from the following url: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-qore/
- Go to your WordPress admin area and click on Plugins -> Add New.
- Select the Upload tab and upload the downloaded file.
- When the upload is completed click on the Activate Plugin button.
That’s it. You can now use your new plugin. Here is what you will be displayed with when you open it:
The WP-Qore will replace your WordPress default dashboard and will provide you with new fancy one. It is packed with easy to navigate shortcuts, stats etc features which I liked and seems I have always wanted in my WordPress websites.
Note that the dashboard is just the top of the iceberg and the real power of this security plugin is hidden inside your WordPress Admin area -> WP-Qore. There are packed all security features that this handy plugins comes pre-loaded with:
As with any security plugin I would strongly recommend you to read very carefully the description of each and any of the provided options. This way you will reduce the risk of locking yourself out of your website for example.
And to give you an example, here are the steps you need to take in order to disable the default WordPress admin login and not locking yourself out of your website:
- Go to your WordPress Admin Area -> WP-Qore -> WP-Qore Options
- At the top of this long page you will notice the following fields:
- Note the field “Login secret key” which is marked in red and write down somewhere the new login url
- Once the above steps is done you can click “Conceal login page” button to hide your default WordPress login page
There are tons of additional features in this plugin which will help you strengthen the security of your WordPress website.
To sums it up here are the links mentioned in the this post:
WP-Qore plugin url: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-qore/
TMDHosting WordPress package: http://www.tmdhosting.com/wordpress-hosting.html
TMDHosting plugin installation tutorial:http://www.tmdhosting.com/tutorials/wordpress/wordpress-plugin-installation.html